Headlines about Dow Chemical (NYSE:DOW) have trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern. The research group rates the sentiment of media coverage by monitoring more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Dow Chemical earned a coverage optimism score of 0.18 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media stories about the basic materials company an impact score of 45.2184884484476 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the immediate future.
These are some of the media stories that may have impacted Accern’s scoring:
- There’s A Great Future In Plastics…For Oil (finance.yahoo.com)
- Global Polymeric Absorbents Market 2018 Key Players – Arkema … – Game 360 (blog) (game360.co)
- Dow 30 Stock Roundup: Boeing Q4 Deliveries Up Y/Y, Success for Merck’s Keytruda Combo (finance.yahoo.com)
- Dow Heat-transfer Fluids to Be Used at 2018 Olympic Winter Games (machinerylubrication.com)
- Global Construction Adhesives Market by Players: 3M Company, Avery Dennison Corporation, The DOW Chemical Company (topexaminer.com)
Shares of Dow Chemical (NYSE DOW) traded up $1.75 during trading hours on Monday, hitting $66.65. 43,802,000 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 5,740,120. The firm has a market cap of $83,740.00, a PE ratio of 27.89 and a beta of 1.13. The company has a quick ratio of 1.32, a current ratio of 1.93 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.68. Dow Chemical has a one year low of $51.57 and a one year high of $67.50.
About Dow Chemical
Receive News & Ratings for Dow Chemical Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Dow Chemical and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.